WET BASEMENT? Mold and bacteria may cause allergies or more severe health conditions.
Like the steady beat of a drummer, heavy rain pelts the roof. Minutes later, the water streams into the basement of your home and hours later, humidity builds and the smell of must rises to the main floor of your house.
Basement flooding is devastating and may cause a lingering moisture problem. This may result in serious health implications, including mold and other types of bacteria.
The first 24-48 hours after basement flooding is critical. An inch of water left behind provides enough humidity for mold spores to release into the air or attach to surfaces, and grow. Drywall, carpet and furniture are commonly affected by moisture problems. Mold growing inside the walls is powerful enough to release harmful toxins into the air you breathe.
Our indoor air quality has a profound impact on our health. Children, older adults and those with chronic illnesses are most at risk.
Toxic mold spores can irritate the eyes, ears, nose, throat and skin. A person who has asthma for example, may experience coughing, wheezing or even an asthma attack.
According to advanced research conducted by MICROCELL SCIENCES, our healthcare professionals have recognized a connection between the types of bacteria in blood, and the number of times residents in the GTHA have been exposed to toxic indoor air pollutants.
Cleaning your home is only half the battle. Don’t let indoor air pollution negatively impact your health. Our team of Live Blood Cell specialists can help you take charge of your wellbeing. Let us help you feel better, today!