In Live Blood Cell Analysis we are always interested in how the liver is preforming as it has many functions that impact our health. There are many ways to support your liver, but first let’s take some time to understand it and its importance.
What is the liver?
Your liver is a large organ that sits under your right rib cage. It is the power house organ of detoxification. It’s primarily involved in digestion, metabolism, detoxification along with other roles:
Why does it matter?
Today we are exposed to more toxins than ever before, from processed food, personal care/cleaning products, and our environment. This constant exposure can overwork your liver and allow waste to remain in your blood. When we look at live blood we always note what degree of liver toxins we may observe. When there is an excess of toxins circulating in your system it may compromise your body’s ability to eliminate efficiently. When your liver is not functioning optimally it will directly affect your digestion. Can you say bloated?
If you’ve been experiencing these symptoms it could be connected to a sluggish liver:
How can I love my liver?
I’m glad you asked! Fortunately there are many dietary and lifestyle changes you can implement on a daily basis to support your liver. For additional support there are many supplementary recommendations your health care practitioners can provide.
- 1. Remove processed foods, hydrogenated oils, refined sugar, and lunch meats
- 2. Start your morning with warm lemon water on an empty stomach
- 3. Eat foods rich in pectin like apples which help bind excess cholesterol
- 4. Consume sulphur rich foods like garlic and onions which help cleanse the liver
- 5. “Bitter for your liver” Eat bitter vegetables like dandelion greens, mustard greens, chicory help promote the production of bile
- 6. B Vitamins support the liver, bonus they help with energy levels and stress too!
Curious about your health? Book in an initial Live Blood Cell Analysis appointment to see your blood for yourself and how we can support you and your health goals.
Not sure if your diet is supporting your nutritional needs or health goals? Book in an initial Nutrition consultation as we work together to create a plan that nourishes your body, mind, and spirit. Not sure what meals will help decrease bloating, provide you with optimal energy, or how to plan your grocery shopping trips to save time and money? We will work together on creating a plan that supports your goals and lifestyle.
Looking forward to working together!
Click here to book now.